Recomendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twix

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Tobin,

I'm going to order a comlete rig from you. So, I'd like to be sure which wing I need.

I'm 5'10'', 176lbs. Usually, I dive in double 5mm which is about 26 positive and with rented tank. It may be from AL80 to HP120. Last time I dove in Oceanic BC wich has 35 lbs lift, AL80 and used 15 lbs of lead.

My assumption is that I need Torus 35.
I'm thinking about dry suit and I'd like to use this rig with it.
Thank you for help.

Hi Tobin,

I'm going to order a comlete rig from you. So, I'd like to be sure which wing I need.

I'm 5'10'', 176lbs. Usually, I dive in double 5mm which is about 26 positive and with rented tank. It may be from AL80 to HP120. Last time I dove in Oceanic BC wich has 35 lbs lift, AL80 and used 15 lbs of lead.

My assumption is that I need Torus 35.
I'm thinking about dry suit and I'd like to use this rig with it.
Thank you for help.

Twix,

Thanks for the complete info, that makes my job much easier.

At 5'10" x 176 you need a medium plate. With the buoyant suits you are using you need a Stainless Steel plate.

With a suit that's +26 lbs a LCD 30 or Torus 35 are reasonable choices. If you anticipate your future drysuit to be more buoyant than your current 5 + 5 the Torus 35 is the better choice.

Recap:

Medium SS Plate
Torus 35
Hogarthian Harness
(cambands and wedge blocks are included)

Tobin

Thank you!

I'll make an order next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom