Recomend me a light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joCCe

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm looking for a light with a canister and a goodman handle in the price range $ 700 - 800. I'm quite new to diving and any help is appreciated :)

Thanks
Joakim

jonnythan:
What kind of diving do you do?

For that price range it's hard to beat this:
http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=17764

If you want focusable, spend a little bit more $$ and get this:
http://www.salvodiving.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=106

Thanks for the tips jonnythan.

I really liked night diving and I will do a lot more of that. I'm also gonna dive through out the winter so I'll need a good light because it's pitch black here after 17:00 in a month or so. My depht dont go beyond 30 - 35 meters for now. I've never tried a HID light before, but is 10W HID enough for a good night dive? As I said in my first post, I'm quite new to this sport

Thanks
Joakim

joCCe:
Thanks for the tips jonnythan.

I really liked night diving and I will do a lot more of that. I'm also gonna dive through out the winter so I'll need a good light because it's pitch black here after 17:00 in a month or so. My depht dont go beyond 30 - 35 meters for now. I've never tried a HID light before, but is 10W HID enough for a good night dive? As I said in my first post, I'm quite new to this sport

Thanks
Joakim
Oh yeah! Like the sun, man.

10w is as good as you're gonna get for less than $1100!! :D

And yeah, 10w HID is way more light than you need for a night dive. They don't work so well as a signaling light in bright sunshine, but that's not a big deal.

Check out our site www.nocturnallights.com if you're looking for a bright, durable, rechargeable light. Aside from our products page please check out the FAQs and Testimonials, they'll tell you a lot about our products.

joCCe:
Hi.

I'm looking for a light with a canister and a goodman handle in the price range $ 700 - 800. I'm quite new to diving and any help is appreciated :)

Thanks
Joakim

You have couple of choices, but my recommendation is Green Force. They have HID and LED and everything is interchangeable and it's bullet proof. The 10 Watt HID is great, VERY bright and I picked it up for under $800 fully loaded with goodman handle.

www.green-force.com

Thanks a bunch for all the tips and ideas.

I bought a light from DragonSub and I'm very happy with it. It's a 21W LED light with a quite light battery pack (-0.5 kg negative in water). I'v orderer a custom made goodman handle made from 6082 ALU and it sure looks sweet. I'll get it next week. Here's a pick of my light and more info is available here if you habla espanol. www.dragonsub.com

Dragonsub Snake 21 LED

Joakim

Back
Top Bottom