Recheck the forecast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my deep dive cert. over the weekend and was at Breakwater Sat. afternoon, and we had 3-4' vis, not the greatest, but something I've grown accustomed too there. Sunday we took a boat out to Jawdropper & East Pinnacle (?), both also had crappy viz as well. East Pinnacle looked like there was lots to see but I had to get pretty close to get a clear view and the surge almost made me headbutt some of the rocks. If I wasn't in a class over the weekend, I would have skipped.

Chuck,

I'm glad it all worked out. Sounds like you two handled it very well. I'd have probably rammed the dock. But then, I have a rubber boat. :)

Dan, What's that?????

What is the SECCHI disk?

I have one on the end of my anchor line, before the chain. Throw it in the water with the anchor, then count the marks on the anchor line for vis before you splash. My line is marked every 10 ft.

That's going measure the visibility in the surface layer. Vis at the bottom would be far more interesting.

Correct. That's why I check it once on the bottom, too, after the anchor is set. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom