Recent Key Largo Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooreaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Haven't been there for a few years and will doing a family thing later this week. Could get out a couple of days but would like a hint: Silent World or Quiescence or another operator? I'd like to mix shallow reefs and wall/drift. Not so big on wrecks, but a trip to the Speigal Grove would be fine.

I did a week of diving with Silent World in January...Good people, smaller boats which is a plus for me. If you get seasick you may want a bigger boat, which will also give you a bigger audience while your're yacking.... :)

Hope you have a good time!!

Personally I'll be using Silent World... I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, that is whom I am tending towards. When are you going to be there? I'll be diving prolly Mar 12, 14, and/0r 15.

Another vote for silent world. Chris and crew are great.

Haven't been there for a few years and will doing a family thing later this week. Could get out a couple of days but would like a hint: Silent World or Quiescence or another operator? I'd like to mix shallow reefs and wall/drift. Not so big on wrecks, but a trip to the Speigal Grove would be fine.

I was not very excited about my last experience with Quiescence.

I'd give Silent World a chance.

Hey Mike,
You might want to check us out at Keys Diver. I'm the captain of our dive boat "Keys Diver II" and we run out of Pilot House Marina. We have a 28 passenger dive doat we limit to 15 - No Cattle!! I grew up at Cedar Point in Sandusky on Lake Erie and have been a dive boat captain here for about 7 years. Put the snowmobile away and get out the dive gear. Safe, laid back crew and we'll take care of you. If you want to put a family thing together we can probably do a dive/snorkel trip if weather cooperates. Tell Michelle or Carol we talked and they will do their best to set something up for you and/or family. Whoever you go with, lets have a beer while you're here. Plan your dive and dive your plan. Later,
Capt. Pete

Just booked Silent World for Sat am shallow reefs and Monday all day (Spiegel Grove all morning and reefs afternoon).

Thanks for all of the input on short notice.

Mike I did have the pleasure of meeting the owner Ron the Capt and the Mate one morning before departure at MM100. I have to say they have a very nice boat and the Capt and Crew where very professional. They are also located in a perfect spot to hit any Wreck or Reef. When you book a dive with them, they will give each person a $10 cert for lunch at the Pilot House, most lunch baskets run $10 or if you would like you can use this certificate for a few drinks as well. They have snacks, water and soft drinks and beer for the ride back to the docks. I think the only thing they don't offer is the warm towel but heck throw one on a seat in the sun and there ya go.

QUOTE=Captain Pete;5096926]Hey Mike,
You might want to check us out at Keys Diver. I'm the captain of our dive boat "Keys Diver II" and we run out of Pilot House Marina. We have a 28 passenger dive doat we limit to 15 - No Cattle!! I grew up at Cedar Point in Sandusky on Lake Erie and have been a dive boat captain here for about 7 years. Put the snowmobile away and get out the dive gear. Safe, laid back crew and we'll take care of you. If you want to put a family thing together we can probably do a dive/snorkel trip if weather cooperates. Tell Michelle or Carol we talked and they will do their best to set something up for you and/or family. Whoever you go with, lets have a beer while you're here. Plan your dive and dive your plan. Later,
Capt. Pete
3055221171[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom