rebreather for videographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeCeDiver:
Hmmm ... I called some people this afternoon and send some e-mails and very surprisingly a new Inspiration with all bells and whistles will come out slightly cheaper then the KISS + HH combination.

The difference will be around 500 to 700 €. Is the KISS + HH better then a new Inspiration with ADV, new electronics, trimix & nitrox upgrade?

Recommendations please ...
I dont know the new inspiration prices outside of the US, but an Inspiration with the new electronics and deco software enabled is more than $8000 US.. even without the deco software ($600 for nitrox and trimix) its still more than $8000.

PeCeDiver:
The difference will be around 500 to 700 €. Is the KISS + HH better then a new Inspiration with ADV, new electronics, trimix & nitrox upgrade?

Recommendations please ...

The answer to your question is simple. The HH is not available to other end users now, due to Juergensen's production agreements with DiveRite. Perhaps later, but not now, despite claims to the contrary.

The Inspiration is CE rated. AFAIK, the KISS is not. This might or might not be a problem for you.

Understand, I am not knocking the KISS. It is a good unit.

padiscubapro:
Unless you are very shallow and working very hard the loop DOES NOT NORMALLY change quickly..

When shooting video it is easy to make large depth changes while fliming a subject which will change the ppO2 alot. Admittedly a CCR can give you more feedback than OC does during these changes, at least so long as you normally practice maintaining minimum loop volume.

- Ozzy

padiscubapro:
I dont know the new inspiration prices outside of the US, but an Inspiration with the new electronics and deco software enabled is more than $8000 US.. even without the deco software ($600 for nitrox and trimix) its still more than $8000.

KISS
base unit: 4800$
HH: 3000$
transport: 200$
import tax etc: 25 %
extras like tanks, wing, cells: 1500$
total = 11450$ or 9160 €

inspiration
base unit: 7200 €
nitrox: 190 €
trimix: 190 €
total = 7580 € or 9450 $

It's the import tax that makes the KISS so expensive.

PeCeDiver:
KISS
Tanks, BC and 3 cells is all you need, and you should be able to source it for less than $1500.

inspiration
You forgot the ADV which you certainly want, and the shut-off valve which is a good idea.

PeCeDiver:
KISS
total = 11450$ or 9160 €

inspiration
total = 7580 € or 9450 $

Your KISS will cost you $3000 dollars less than what you have posted, at least for right now, because the HH is not available to other end users due to Juergensen's production work for DiveRite, despite what other claims may be made.

Stefan, you've been so restrained! :speak_evi

The Prism has a HDD and one of the reasons I bought one was because I shoot a lot of video and I wanted not to be having to look at a handset the whole time. Fantastic design, but I don't want to start all that up again :wink:

Only problem is, no instructors in Europe. So you'll have to go to the US to get trained (which is what I did as I live in the UK).

Price is $7800, plus import duty. You're also looking at $1000-$1500 for training, but that will be the same on any CCR.

I can't remember - does the Meg have a HUD/HDD? Someone who does will be along shortly.

Andy

Nice to meet you, Andy.
apitkin:
Stefan, you've been so restrained! :speak_evi
Usually I tell people who don't want to look at gauges
to dive OC with pony tank and a buddy.
:D

But you are correct, the Prism has control LED mounted on the DSV. Better yet, once the deco computer becomes available it will be mounted in that place, but connect elsewhere.

So you could either use the 3 LED HDD or the 6 LED wristmount primary as a buddy display and mount it on the back.

The Meg also has a HUD that's optional, but is a bit more expensive rig. All in USD, $7500 for the Meg, $350 for the ADV and the HUD will set you back another $225.

The Ouroboros will have a buddy display, not just LEDs but also the actual pO2 readout! Should be available with CE around March 05, for considerably more $$$ than everything we talked about so far. :wink:

BigJetDriver69:
The answer to your question is simple. The HH is not available to other end users now, due to Juergensen's production agreements with DiveRite. Perhaps later, but not now, despite claims to the contrary.

The Inspiration is CE rated. AFAIK, the KISS is not. This might or might not be a problem for you.

Understand, I am not knocking the KISS. It is a good unit.
Kevin IS shipping heads for the KISS.. In fact he is supposed to ship two of them this week..

I beleive he has shipped around 15 HH for the KISS, dont forget about the units sold for the MK 15.

I will be picking up a KISS HH for a friend in the near future..

If Kevin has any agreement its probably that the units cannot come from the factory with the HH installed, although there were a few megs sold this way..

Kevin will also sell the HH as a kit for the user to install..

as to the duty, its probably cheaper for you to fly to the US or Canada get trained and bring the unit home... I doubt that they would try and duty "personal" dive gear :)

PeCeDiver:
KISS
total = 11450$ or 9160 €

inspiration
total = 7580 € or 9450 $

Dont forget $300 for an ADV, and in the neighborhood of $700 for a DSV with integrated OC bailout

I doubt wings cells, and tanks would cost $1500.. He will ship the units with wings and tanks are cheap.. 13cuft al tanks are less than $100 each, steels in europe are about the same.. the valves are going to run you less than $50 a piece.

Even at full retail sensors sell for around $75 each..
so $225 for sensors, Maybe $300 for tanks, $300-$350 for a top of the line wing. and $100 for a harness... ~$925 -~$975

Steel tanks in the us, and inspiration type valves are expensive here but fairly cheap in the UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom