Rebreather Acronym Glossary for Dummies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can end up as a topic in the Near Misses or A&I forum with or without a gag strap.

Don't ask how I know.

Lime. In a bar it is a slice of green fruit that goes in some beers. In a rebreather it is yet another name for the CO2 scrubber media.
When handled wrong, both will cause headaches.

They are all a compromise, they all have flaws. The hard part is finding the ones that the compromises was made in the favor of how you will use it. Get that wrong and you will find the flaws. Get it right and the flaws won't matter (that much).

OCD RBE
open circuit diver‘s rebreather envy

it doesn't breathe so well in a heads down position, and it can be kind of hard to get apart after the dive. After that, not a whole lot.... Much less than many others on the market

The only time I ever had a problem opening mine was the very first time I took it out of the bag since it wasn't lubed. It's tight, but I'd hesitate to call it "hard." For people that have an issue, the head and body o-rings can be swapped for a smaller size down and it's even easier. I know a couple people who prefer the smaller for warm waters and the larger for cold European waters.

it doesn't breathe so well in a heads down position, and it can be kind of hard to get apart after the dive. After that, not a whole lot.... Much less than many others on the market

Anyone who has any technical aptitude can do it easily. Working as a watchmaker it is dead easy for me to break it all down and put it back together.
As for the head down, I noticed no problem at all. Sure, slightly more resistance but nothing terrible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom