Really WANTS to learn, but uncomfortable underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news! He sailed through his BSA swimming merit badge and then tried the scuba again. Kudos to the instructor. He was patient and did most of the things you all have recommended. He felt much better and enjoyed himself.

What helped the most was loosening the mask so it wasn't squeezing his face. I have to give my son credit. He didn't give up, and looked at everything logically. He used his troubleshooting skills learned in his computer classes.

He now says he is comfortable enough to go ahead with lessons. I'll keep a close eye, and try to give him other opportunities to get more comfortable.

Good Luck! and more power to him.

Little steps then big ones----crawl, walk, then run.........Betting he gets over this feeling..........

EDITS: oops just read your latest comment------------ie GREAT, he'll do just fine....

Update for you all. Passed his PADI written, last confined water this weekend. I'll update again when he is OW certified. Should be May 8, 2011.

- Proud Mom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom