Really Little Feet Need size 1 Fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badkittystt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been diving for about three years and I have a serious problem with my feet. I wear a size one and I have had absolutely no luck finding any decent diving fins. I have a few pairs of children's snorkeling fins but they do very little in helping me move successfully through the water.

Does anybody know of a company that makes custom diving fins or really good fins for children? I have tried wearing small open heel fins with booties but it's just too much of a size difference, I really do need a size 1, or a 1-3 in children's fin speak.

Help!

I am not sure I would call anything in the ForceFin line Kiddies fins. The Original is made all the way down to a small, I have to call Blair and find out which fins are made in the XS size. If you wear a bootie with the S size, I am confident that you will be golden. The nice thing is that you won't be sacrificing anything with these fins. they are very good scuba fins and move at least as well as the Apollo Bio-Fin, and nearly everyone that I have convinced to spend more than 3-4 dives with them throws their Bio-Fins or Atomics in the trash.

I am pretty sure a size S bootie would be too small as that usually corresponds to a women's size 5/6 shoe and I wear a 1 or 2. I would love to find out more about the force fins though and which ones they have children's sizes in.

Badkitty,

Joe Diver America.com has in their swim fin section some Mares Plana Avanti HP's in xs3 1/2 size........then you will need some pool shoes, available at your local wallyworld...(walmart)......this should fix you up........decent fins and with the pool shoes, they should also fit............

And.....have you tried just wearing a bulky pair to old tennis shoes? These take up a lot of space in a fin pocket.....I've been diving with tennis shoes in my fins since 71 when we had coral to walk over.......best part is you just pull your fins off and start walking anywhere...coral, sand, boat deck.....

oldmossback

Last edited:
The Original ForceFin in size small, are not kids fins, but they should be able to easily fit a size 1-2 foot when worn with a bootie, or you can add a comfort instep and wear them barefoot. These are full size and full power fins that can easily match or beat the performance of any other fin you are going to find. And in the unlikely chance that they are still not small enough, you can use a bootie with the comfort instep, however, I highly doubt this will be required. I just got off the phone with Bob (owner of ForceFin), as surprised as he was about a size 1 foot, he said the Small would fit fine, he said that they are small enough that a comfort instep might have to be jammed into the footpocket.

I was looking into the Force Fins and they look very interesting, does anyone know about the different models and which would be best for diving as opposed to swimming or snorkeling?

I would search online for Gull fins. They are Japanese fins and I have seen them on some Japanese lady divers with very small feet. Nice looking fins too.
-Thomjinx

>And.....have you tried just wearing a bulky pair to old tennis shoes? These take up a lot of space in a fin pocket.....I've been diving with tennis shoes in my fins since 71 when we had coral to walk over.......best part is you just pull your fins off and start walking anywhere...coral, sand, boat deck..... oldmossback<

shoee.jpg

The above illustration comes from an early diving manual.

>I would search online for Gull fins. They are Japanese fins and I have seen them on some Japanese lady divers with very small feet. Nice looking fins too. -Thomjinx<

gf-2020-set.jpg

They come in a wide range of colours.

I have to say i love that diving photo, I suppose I could try diving in sneakers and borrow somebody else's fins.

I can't however find the Gull fins, does anybody have the website address for them?

And..... Does anybody know if there are any distributors of the force fins in the US Virgin Islands?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom