really BIG plastic box needed in the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubbachicken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all
where is the best place to find a really BIG plastic box to put my gear in
after a dive so my car doesn't rust away on the way home
something BIG that'll take a cylinder, drysuit, the whole lot
what do you use, thought about an old zinc bath perhaps
your thought's
anyone

Home depot has black plastic troughs for mixing cement, a friend of mine uses them

You can try a plastic tarpaline (sp?) sheet, then just lay your tanks in your boot, the rest of the gear in a plastic tub/bin. There is going to be only a little water dripping off your tanks, but other stuff with have more water absorbed and dripping out. Use the same kind of thing you would for storage, you dont need a lid to it. They are really common over here, but i am sure i saw some around the UK over my time. However you dont have home depot or lowes or any of the walmart type stores which would be the easiest. Try a supermarket, gardening/home improvement place or such.

DennisS:
Home depot has black plastic troughs for mixing cement, a friend of mine uses them
don't think we have a home depot here
thought about the bins for mixing concrete, jury is out on that one
thanks

anyone else

I use a couple of the 70 liter plastic rubbermaid type bins, you cant get a tank in there though

Walmart carries rubbermaid containers, big enough for everything.

Your options from what i recall for home depot like stores are B&Q and Homebase, there might be others, but its been 3 years of brainwashing over here that i dont recall. I doubt anything but the largest supermarkets of Tesco, Asda and the like will have these kinds of things. I changed the title so people might read "in the UK" and not keep giving you US options :wink:

i'm thinking a trip down to the fish market, they have nice big plastic boxes to put fish in, be a bit fishy for a while :wink:
as for dive bags i have a galapagos an a very nice bag it is too

yup a trip to the fish market, who know's i might even buy a fish :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom