Real strong continuous lights or strobes.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with a pair of the Big Blue AL1100RAFO video lights. I like the fact that they are not super bright but they go off for a split second when they detect a flash burst so it doesn't interfere with the photo and if I put each light on and overlap the beam angle of each light I can get decent video with them on. I like the Big Blue lights so far because I've had good experience with them so I really haven't tried any of the others out there yet.

What video lights are you using?

I did buy the bigblue vl9000P.

I do understand that it is maybe not enough light when you are doing photography with a lot of daylight. I also understand that is may scare the object when you are doing macro photography. I also understand that a strobe is better if you want the perfect image.

But I'm not a professional photographer. For most of the dives I'm doing the videolights are enough (I think/hope).

Last Thursday I did visited a slate-mine in Germany.This movie and 2 images are made in 1 dive. I did use my iphone for filming at the surface. Editing of the video was also done with my iphone. Editting of images was done in lightroom at my laptop. Canon 7DMK2 was used for filming underwater and underwater images.

s15mo3.jpg

33wqe4n.jpg

That looks great! 9000 is a good hunk of lumen.

Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom