Reading lenses in a mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great ideas here. So does anybody have a link to glue-on lenses? Whatever I do, it'll be times three. I finally found a mask that fits really comfortably. I'm sticking with that.

I had these folks put readers into the inside lower corners of my mask. They have been around forever and a day, and seem to still have a great reputation.

Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

I went to them when I realized that both my arm and my console hose were too short to let me read the gauges :)

Will they do it for existing masks?

The stick-on kind look good. (Though I'll have to find something less powerful than 2.50 :wink: It says they attach with water. Do they detach with water also?

The split-contacts idea sounds interesting, but I wouldn't want to put different contacts in different eyes. It is rare for a contact to pop out -- this was literally the only time it has happened to me in 15+ years of diving. But if it were to happen, I would want to have the other in as a backup. In a lot of diving it probably wouldn't make a difference; but with complicated cave navigation (and scootering), it would.

Did you use the OPTX HydroTac type?

Before laser correction I was wearing bifocal contacts. Your provider will likely give you samples to try. Much better than using different contacts.

I've had the XS scuba Guage readers. And I have the bifocal lenses that fit my mask. I use the standard squarish mask that just about every manufacturer sells with a different name so the lenses are easy to find & replace. Like the link above from DGX.

If that does meet your needs, just send your favorite mask to Linda at Prescription Dive Masks. She is an optician who specializes in masks. Tell her you were referred by Scubaboard.
Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

Back
Top Bottom