Re-sorting photos in Vista ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have PS Elements 6 (see OP) ... came bundled with my laptop, so I loaded it onto the desktop for the big screen.

Oh, OK, then, not sure why it is reorganizing them for you, mine does not do that, I have CS4, Elements 5.0 and 8.0. Maybe someone can hit the magic button for you. You don't happen to have them backed up on an external drive or program that keeps re-arranging them back to the former state?

N

I have PS Elements 6 (see OP) ... came bundled with my laptop, so I loaded it onto the desktop for the big screen.

I hate when I post a question to which someone replies "go buy this and this" - I'm sure what you are looking for is a way to make it work with what you have... BUT - I cannot emphasize enough how much easier Lightroom makes your workflow, especially if you don't need to do any HEAVY image editing in lightroom (having PS elements suggests that you do not). Lightroom is relatively inexpensive and will catalog ALL of your photos, you can sort by name, camera, keyword, date, etc as well as doing all RAW adjustments such as color balancing, sharpening, etc. Lightroom has an easy export setup that will allow you to export hundreds of photos at a time AND convert them to jpg AND re-size them AND (with a free plug in) watermark them not to mention putting them in the order you want. Now that I have it, I could not imagine being a photographer without lightroom or at least Bridge.

For the record, I have Vista 64 ultimate and I have no problem renaming the files right in windows explorer or in the default windows picture viewer (I also tried this on my vista x86 machine, also no problems).

Don't think I helped you with your problem but if you do decide to get LR feel free to PM me with any questions.

Good Luck!
Marz

Back
Top Bottom