RE: relative difference in stiffness/performance between atomic split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaml

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am trying to select another pair of fins since one of my royal blue atomic splits was "eaten" buy a luggage conveyor on a recent trip; I know atomic makes 2 "types" of split fin: the "lightweight high energy compound" (e.g as smoke on the water or red color fins) vs the "standard heavier compound" (e.g. the royal blue fins); WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE IN STIFFNESS/PERFORMANCE BETWEEN THE 2 TYPES OF FINS? I have actually used the royal blue "standard" splits for about 5 years and loved them-never any issue with power, handled the strongest currents with ease, great dexterity when taking U/W photos and all the while being easy on my knees; having said that-I have noticed (in videos) that I frequently folded my fin in half with a strong kick and have often wondered if the other "stiffer, high energy compound" splits would have given me any extra power with the same kick; I would like to stay with atomic splits but I am looking for a little extra "something" from my kick (BTW: I used scubapro jetfins for 30 years- loved them- but then had various knee surgeries ; so knee comfort is important for me);
thanks- I am looking forward to your response

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom