Re-post advice on taking a REBREATHER to Truk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idiot fish

Registered
Reaction score
Message to forum editor: Dont know why you shifted this post to the Oz forum when its clearly asking advice from Rebreather (RB) divers who have been to Truk. Perhaps if you had read it first?

Hi guys,

I am taking my YBOD to Truk Lagoon in two weeks time, anyone have any RB diving experience/advice/suggestions for Truk?

I understand, although it was briefly, Helium is once again not available so I guess I wont be enjoying much below 45m - how frustrating!

What are the 'Must dives' what should I look out for/avoid?

Not sure if its true but Ive heard reports, and seen some pics, of the locals bringing things out of the wrecks and positioning them around on the more accessible upper decks for divers to 'ohh and ahhh' at. I hope this is not true as that kinda artificial amusement park stuff is a real turn off for me. (Some of the pics Ive seen you can clearly see that this is the case (a tea cup and plates wouldn't normally be found resting perfectly on a table of a ship wreck thats been bombed, torpedoed and sunk)

I'm looking forward to diving on my first sub!

Cheers

We took Inspirations and Draegers to Truk last month on the Odyssey. First off, ship your absorbant there ahead of time. Use CTSI Logistics. Secondly, make sure that the place you are staying has the ability to get gas for you. On the Odyssey they have helium, and oxygen. Let me know if you need any other info=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom