Razor Light Holder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have any of you tried this?

Razor Hand Mount

and the associated light holder?

Razor Light Holder

I'm really curious if it will hold my current primary light. But, I can't find anywhere that says what diameter light(s) it will work with. Do any of you know?

I used the Contact Us link on their page to email them to ask, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

what light do you have? It's intended for primary canister lights not backup lights, mainly the light monkey head diameters. They zip tie in so it's quite universal but pretty non-glamorous. What do you think it's going to do for you?

I was wondering if my Xtar D26 would fit. Since it takes 26650 batteries, it's fatter than a lot of backups and maybe (I don't know) about as fat as the typical can light heads that only have 1 LED (which is what the Razor primary has).

I saw that the light is intended to be held on with zip ties. I figure if the plastic cradle for the light is bendy at all, then maybe it would fit any light body in a certain diameter range.

If it would hold a D26 solidly, I would get at least one of the soft Goodmans and maybe a helmet holder or two, also. I've been considering wearing a helmet during wreck dives.

unlikely it would fit well. you can probably bend it with a heat gun though

Mounting Bracket w/ Hardware
these guys work well for helmet mounts since they clip in and out instead of rotating so I'd use that for a helmet and a sock for the hand. Oxycheq makes some nice ones that Cave Adventurers has

I've seen those mount clips on DGX before. They also don't say what diameter light body they're for or give any other actual dimensions. I don't get it!

The Oxycheq Universal looks exactly like the one that DGX sells for a lot less money. And I already have it and don't like it. And the Oxycheq Raider ones don't look any better. I really want one that will let me have the light mounted so it doesn't have the light perfectly in line with my forearm. I want to have it angled slightly towards the pinky side of my hand. So I can have my hands together and the light still point forward. And so a cordless light doesn't have the butt of the light banging my dry glove rings constantly.

The Razor setup would give me just what I want, if it will hold my light...

Most likely your lamp will be too small for it. They are meant for primary lamps which are bigger than the majority of hand held/backups. It works great with a primary, though! I have the helmet mounts on all of my helmets and every primary lamp that I own and lend to students has the attachment.

Most likely your lamp will be too small for it. They are meant for primary lamps which are bigger than the majority of hand held/backups. It works great with a primary, though! I have the helmet mounts on all of my helmets and every primary lamp that I own and lend to students has the attachment.

Can you tell me the smallest and largest diameter of the lights you use with it?

will this work or you?
OxyCheq - Universal Light Sock

I have used one before with DRIS1K shorty, it is also quite thick. This light sock work pretty well.

No:

The Oxycheq Universal looks exactly like the one that DGX sells for a lot less money. And I already have it and don't like it. And the Oxycheq Raider ones don't look any better. I really want one that will let me have the light mounted so it doesn't have the light perfectly in line with my forearm. I want to have it angled slightly towards the pinky side of my hand. So I can have my hands together and the light still point forward. And so a cordless light doesn't have the butt of the light banging my dry glove rings constantly.

The Razor setup would give me just what I want, if it will hold my light...

:)

oh, the oxycheq raiders are actually a LOT better than the DGX one. I have one of the DGX ones and hate it. The Oxycheq is very similar to my UWLD goodman handle and is quite nice to use. I did a 90min cave dive with one a couple weeks ago *was doing an intro dive with someone and loaned my primary to someone else to test drive it*.

regarding use of a goodman if you have your hands outstretched, which i typically don't do, is to have your light hand pointing forward, and your other hand holding the wrist of your primary hand. This allows you much more flexibility to move the light beam around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom