Rashguard bunches up under wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisRaabe

Reaction score
how do i stop this? They have little loop at the bottom front, but idk what or how to use it? Also does anyone know of gloves that would fit under a wetsuit instead of over?

Chris...why are you wearing a rashguard under your wet suit? If you are wearing it for extra warmth, and it is bunching, water will get trapped in pockets and you will be colder. If the neck, ankles and wrists are not sealed on your skin, water will travel in and out of your suit too much too. I recommend not wearing the rashguard. Stick with your swimtrunks or just go commando!

I know of a glove that is a semi dry that can be tucked under the wetsuit. It depends on what type of suit you are wearing and how thick of glove you are interested in.

I wear rashguards for warmth and cuz it makes getting a suit off easier. I do go commando..all the time. The gloves I have are like 3 or 5 mill with zippers and one of them broke, so I need new gloves.

I'm not sure what your rash guard looks like. I use what I call "skin" made of lycra on the outside and a "polartec-like" layer on the inside. I use it to add thermal protection and as a bonus it makes it easier to put on/off the wetsuit.
This skin has a tab at the feet/ankle that stops the legs from going up with the wetsuit; it also has small elastic loops at the end of the sleeves that I hold on to when putting the sleeves of the wetsuit. There is no bunching anywhere.
Depending on mood and who else may be on the boat, I'll have full, partial or no swimming suit under the skin. Either way it makes no difference on the stability of the skin under the wetsuit, works great for me.

that is a good option...if your a guy going command under a skin could be kinda embarassing though lol

that is a good option...if your a guy going command under a skin could be kinda embarassing though lol

dude, as comfy as you may think it is going "commando" under your wetsuit, I don't want to be on the same boat with you, particularly a liveaboard! Seeing some stranger's nuggets is not how I want to spend my surface interval... do what my husband does, get a speedo - no bunching, no embarassing moments.:D

robint

Back
Top Bottom