Ranger w/ Octo-Z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkyAce2004

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I made a purchase from an authorized dealer. I got the Ranger BC and the Octo-Z in the same purchase. When I got the shipment, the Octo Z was already installed on the BC with all the fittings. I never received the original power inflater hose.

I dont plan on getting rid of my Ranger, but if I do happen to let it go, I would have to sell the Ranger and Octo-Z as a package. Was I not supposed to receive the OE inflater hose that came attached? I asked the dealer and he said that I would have pay an additional fee to get the OE hoses and fittings.

If im not supposed to get it, than what would be the difference of me buying a Ranger and then later on down the road getting an Octo-Z? Would I have to pay a 'fee' to get the correct fittings?

Hi there Ace

The Ranger is supplied from Zeagle with either the Octo-Z or the standard Inflater, not both.
They are actually different part numbers.
PART 7907RK Ranger w/ Ripcord, Inflator
PART 7907RKO Ranger w/ Ripcord, Octo Z

If you wished to keep the Octo-Z and sell the Ranger you would need to order both the standard inflator and the standard hose for the Ranger
112-1001 Inflator assembly, standard QD fitting
165-1023 Hose/inflator (23” length) "hose length varies just an example)

Though I have no idea why you would ever consider selling the best BCD on the market.

Cheers
Chris

I dont plan on selling it, but sometimes stuff happens. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom