Ranger Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erich

Contributor
Reaction score
I am getting a Carter PF lift bag 75# and have a stowage question. I think I would like to but it behind me and out of the way. I know this can be done with a BP/Wing and I would like to rig something similar. Has anyone done this? How do you rig? I am not adverse to putting a grommet or two in the lower back.

How about putting a D ring on your lower tank band? I have seen this done for holding reels and such and have a couple ordered for just such things. I have a Ranger.

Does the Carter come with a stowage sleeve? If so, do what I did with my Dive-Rite bag.

Look between the Ranger's wing and the harness system and you will see how the wing is held on with their loop and clip system.

What I did was to zip tie the sleeve of the Dive-Rite sleeve (with the open end pointed down) to the loops. This way the sleeve is held tightly against the body of the BC and I can easily reach the bag.

If you need it, I will be happy to send you a photo of how I did it.

Originally posted by herman
How about putting a D ring on your lower tank band?
Hey...I never thought of that! And I like it! A nice out of the way place that will open up a world of possibilities....

I stow stuff behind my Ranger's wing by putting stainless steel key rings through the Ranger's loop system that holds the wing on the BC. Then I just use a bolt snap to clip whatever gear I'm storing there into and out of place. Yes, you have to do it blind, but how hard can it be to unsnap a bolt snap without looking? Not hard at all.

Keep It Simple, I like it! Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom