Ranger has shrunk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaintsReturn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have had my Ranger ever since i got certified in '02 but it has shrunk for some reason over the years... anyway, is there a way to replace the belt or make it expand more than it does stock since the rest of it fits great?

Has it shrunk or have you added on? :D I think my wetsuite is shrinking.

Yes, replacing the cumber bun is possible and quite easy.

First of all, is it adjusted all the way out? Just checking because you did not say in your original post.

The grommet system, has several positions for a perfect fit. If the cumberbun is all the way out you have two choices, purchase larger sections from Zegal, or purchase a universal extender.

Has it shrunk or have you added on? :D I think my wetsuite is shrinking.

hahaha, i plead that the gear shrunk, i just bought a new wetsuit bc my old one shrunk too...

Yes, replacing the cumber bun is possible and quite easy.

First of all, is it adjusted all the way out? Just checking because you did not say in your original post.

The grommet system, has several positions for a perfect fit. If the cumberbun is all the way out you have two choices, purchase larger sections from Zegal, or purchase a universal extender.

I do have it all the way out, thank you for clarifying. OK, so i can purchase a new section... i searched their site briefly and did not see it, but i will look more in depth. The extender may be a good quick fix for now... Thank you for the reply

We have a couple of parts that will help you out....

Part # 7279 is a waist panel extender. It will add the velcro part.

Part # 7271 is the waist strap extender, which will click into the buckles and allow you extra webbing.

Please make sure the shop specifies that it is for a RANGER BC.

Sorry, I don't have the prices on hand, but I don't think that are too much!!! :)

Thanks,

Scott

How about a trade?

See my post:

What size is yours?

mine is a an XL and your option sounds like a great one, give me a couple days to look things over and i will get back to you either way!

We have a couple of parts that will help you out....

Part # 7279 is a waist panel extender. It will add the velcro part.

Part # 7271 is the waist strap extender, which will click into the buckles and allow you extra webbing.

Please make sure the shop specifies that it is for a RANGER BC.

Sorry, I don't have the prices on hand, but I don't think that are too much!!! :)

Thanks,

Scott

once again, thank you!

Hey I noticed a 10 year old Ranger I have not used for years shrunk also, whats going on?????

I have the Zeagle too and it has shrunk a little bit!!! What is Zeagle going to do about this??

LOL, glad i am not the only one. I am out of town on business but when i get back i will be checking the belt system and getting back to the inquiries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom