Ranger BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PenyuBali

New
Reaction score
Hi guys...
I'm just a yesterday diver, in a few months I'm planing to have a diving trip in tropical water. since I just bought my new diving equipment inlcuding Ranger BC and never been diving in tropical water before, my question is how comfortable Ranger bc in such tropical warm water environment?.....
all info and suggestion greatly appreciated.
thank you
PB.

The Ranger is a very good choice for a BC. I have dove mine many times in the warmer texas lakes (and the chilly ones in the winter) and have had no problems.

Originally posted by PenyuBali
I just bought my new diving equipment inlcuding Ranger BC and never been diving in tropical water before, my question is how comfortable Ranger bc in such tropical warm water environment
Hi PB,
You will find it comfortable.

The first dive I did in my new Ranger was over in Hawaii... my local LDS here in the Pacific NW sent it along with me to try out and said that if I liked it I could buy it when I got back. I did.

I think I paid ~$400 back then and sold it 5 years later for $325.
I like gear that has good turn around potential and the Rangers seem to hold their value :D

I didn't know you had a Ranger. Other than the Halcyon or DiveRite systems, the Ranger is one I'm looking at. Great minds think alike!

Originally posted by Shadow
I didn't know you had a Ranger. Other than the Halcyon or DiveRite systems, the Ranger is one I'm looking at. Great minds think alike!
Well aren't you the lucky girl !!!

Coming down here for dinner out Friday night and getting to dive in a Ranger on Saturday...

(Just happen to have a small Ranger in the garage waiting to get wet... :wink: )

No way! That is really amazing. I have tried on a small Ranger and really liked it - it is one of the few BC's that actually fit. This all has to be truly more than a coincidence!

Now all I have to do is get rid of this darned cold! I will come fully equipped, so even if I can't equalize well enough to actually dive, I will paddle around on a surface swim to try out the gear while you guys go under. This just keeps getting better!

I don't believe it , UP and I agree and on a Ranger question.....well maybe. PB I have a Ranger, have dove it in the Caribbean a lot and it does a good job. It's quite comfortable. I do however, feel it's more BC than I need for the diving I do in the Caribbean (shallow reefs) and it takes up more room in my suitcase than I like. I dive no wetsuit and 8 lbs in 80+ water and have no need for 45 lbs of lift and 40 lbs of lead in warm water. So I now have it's little brother as well, a Scout. Same basic features but a whole lot smaller and lighter. I still dive the Ranger here in NC.

I have a Ranger and absolutly love it.

I see you are from Vancouver -- you will love it for around home and for the few times you go to warmer waters I can't imagine it being too much overkill.

I find my Ranger very comfortable, but have nothing to compare it to, except for rental BC's during OW class. It's been great in cold water and warm.

Hi guys,
:) the reason I asked 'cause I had been used it only once at warm water but that wasn't count though .....cause it was a swiming pool :D but next time soon as I got back I will let you know again "how the ranger BC is".
But thanks though for every infos and thoughts that you guys contributed here..I really do appriciated.....
Big thanks.
PB.

Back
Top Bottom