Ranger BC Leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruceh68

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just had my Ranger BC serviced by Z, got it home, put air in it, checked next am only half full. Filled again, checked at supper time only half filled. It's loosing air some where. This could be a problem at the end of a dive.

Make sure the inflator hose and dump/overpressure valves are snug. If they are a little loose, they will leak air.

While making sure the inflator hose and dump valves are snug, first remove them completely and run your finger around on the rubber sealing surfaces of the dump valves to make sure that they don't have any gunk, salt crystals, or grains of sand on them.

If it still doesn't hold air, then you'll have to start doing bubble testing in a pool or bathtub. Or maybe spray bubble solution around.

You may want to flush out the BC. After any saltwater trip I remove one of the dump valves, fill the BC 1/4-1/2 full of water, replace the valve, inflate it and slash the water all around. I let water vent out every valve in the BC including the oral inflator. This removes any salt and washes any sand in the valves out. Be sure to drain as much water as possible out of the BC.

herman:
You may want to flush out the BC. After any saltwater trip I remove one of the dump valves, fill the BC 1/4-1/2 full of water, replace the valve, inflate it and slash the water all around. I let water vent out every valve in the BC including the oral inflator. This removes any salt and washes any sand in the valves out. Be sure to drain as much water as possible out of the BC.

The new Octo-Z makes rinsing your BC a snap....

Check it out!!

:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom