Ranger Assembly w/Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Put the 8137 Zip Mounts on the outer 2 pieces of vertical webbing. Line up the bottom stainless steel piece with the lower bladder attachment strap and then attach the top velcro piece around the vertical webbing. You might have to pull and tug on the bladder attachment strap to get it to fit through BOTH the slide on the 8137 and the bladder, but it should work!

When it is on correctly, the 8137 zipper should sit between the bladder and the vest section - not on the outside of the bladder by the tank bands!
This is actually one of the first things I tried. No dice. It leave the top of the bladder detached.

vfzbwx.jpg

ve8wnd.jpg

2lj1837.jpg

2. Attach the 8051Z rear weight pockets to the 2 pieces of vertical webbing that are in the middle of the vest. Line them up so that the loop on the back (bottom) of the 8051Z will sit where the tank band can run through it, then velcro the top to the 2 center pieces of vertical webbing. Then run the tank band through the 8051Z to secure the bottom to the BC.
This part works fine.

Thanks for trying, Scott. I'll just find some extra coin and wait till everything is no longer on backorder.

On that note, should the top tank band have the rubber piece as well, or will just the one on the bottom suffice?

Awndray, did you try to attach the top portion of the bladder first and then attempt to weave the top portion of the adaptor afterward?

If I do that, the zipper mount ends up at the back of the bladder instead of the front, where it's meant to be.

---------- Post added ----------

I think I might forgo the use of the top bladder attachment strap.

1sfhgw.jpg

34ns8s1.jpg

This keeps the zipper mount between the bladder and the vest, as it should be, and there is still a proper attachment of the bladder. At least, I think the Velcro should be good enough to hold that in place. Right?

---------- Post added ----------

Tada!

2vud4w6.jpg

aut6b.jpg

1zdtbbt.jpg

Is there any reason to believe the zipper mount Velcro isn't strong enough to hold the bladder in place? I think this will work.

I think that will work fine...but if you want to be extra secure, put a zip tie around it as well - it's not likely that you will need to remove it anytime soon!

I'm glad that we got it worked out, even if it isn't exactly perfect, I think it will work fine for you...

And no, you don't have to have the rubber pad on the top cylinder band.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom