Range of Movement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just bought the Bare Trilam HD tech. According to the size charts it is perfect for me. Matter of fact I am on the bottom end of every catagory except my height which is right in the middle. . It seems to me however to be a little snug. My range of movement seems limited.

My question is: Is your range of movement less than without the suit? If so, how much?

I am particularly interested in reaching behind to operate the valves.
thanks,

TheDivingPreacher:
My question is: Is your range of movement less than without the suit? If so, how much?

thanks,

It sounds like you should perhaps go custom (??). I'd talk to your dive shop about this. If you need to be able to reach your valves, and can't, then that's a problem.

As others have noted in previous threads, perhaps let the air travel to the top of your suit, to increase your mobility when you need it.

I just know that in my suit, my mobility in my arms is not limited what-so-ever.

- ChillyWaters

Cant speak for BARE per se, but try to work your valves (assuming they are properly positioned height wise) without any undergarment. If it is still too tight....the suit probably is too small.

One other thing you can try is to not try to reach for the valves as normal from the side, but from the front. Normally people move their elbows out to the side and then reach for the valves. Try to move your elbows to the front and then reach over your shoulders for the valves. Takes a bit of practice. This approach works especially with 'cave cut' suits where the excess material is taken out under the armpits and follwos the contours of the torso.

Try it and let us know.

TheDivingPreacher:
I just bought the Bare Trilam HD tech. According to the size charts it is perfect for me. Matter of fact I am on the bottom end of every catagory except my height which is right in the middle. . It seems to me however to be a little snug. My range of movement seems limited.

thanks,

I've got the exact same issue in my Bare XCD2 Tech. In my case, it's not the suit, it's the under garment.

I have now tried the suit with a set of double tanks and it seems the suit is not made with the thought in mind that you might have to reach back to turn off the valves. In a normal swimming position it is great but it is impossible to reach behind my head.

In a wetsuit I have no problem.

Back
Top Bottom