Range of dive wear for girls?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lamnid:
I think we need more girlds dive gear. i got some good design ideas already. What do you think girls?

BTW...There is also a "contest" on the new site that will offer $500 for the top t-shirt design sent in. You'll find a link on the home page saying "Win $500 for Doodling". There are specific instructions on how to send the design in...but thought that would be helpful, as EVERYONE has stopped and said - "what about..."

So, just a fun thing to think about!

Cheers!

Cindy
http://www.girldiver.com

Well you all will be the first to know another dive clothing website will up and running in about 3 weeks. We will be carrying a whole line of women's dive apparel along with men's and kids. We think everyone will be quite pleased. I will post our website soon and we will also be at Beneath the Sea in march.

Lamnid:
I've identified a definate niche in the market - cool dive clobber in girls fit sizes. Every time i go to a dive store and see a really cool t-shirt it's always in grande guys size and guys cut. I know there are some good websites out there that do supply skinny t-shirts with nice designs but it all feels a bit ametuerish. I think we need more girlds dive gear. i got some good design ideas already. What do you think girls?

Well, the scuba market must be the ONLY womans market that is not saturated! :D

I'm not all that into men's fashion, but I do notice that when in stores the guy section is generally about a tenth of the size of the womans wear. I've seen a LOT of cool beach wear stuff for woman, but have not really paid attention specifically to shirts with scuba logo's on them for woman.

scuba41girl:
Well you all will be the first to know another dive clothing website will up and running in about 3 weeks. We will be carrying a whole line of women's dive apparel along with men's and kids. We think everyone will be quite pleased. I will post our website soon and we will also be at Beneath the Sea in march.

That's AWESOME!!! I've got my website up with the GirlDiver line...but also want to carry other lines as well. PM me, and let's talk! I've had a great response so far with my new site and the dive line...so I think there's definitely a need in the market.

Cindy
http//www.girldiver.com

I think you are onto something. My wife agrees that there is a need for dive t shirts, etc. designed for women. But, she would be much more likely to buy a t shirt, hat, or even fleece on a dive trip. She is not likely to make a trip to a dive shop to pick one up and won't specifically look for one online. Someone buying her a gift might.

There are some marketing challenges but there is also a market. Women are increasing as a percentage of the diving population.

Best of luck.

Well, my mission is actually two fold. While I "fund" myself on the sale of product, my real mission is to promote scuba for women.

I've run into too many women who won't try our sport due to it seeming so "macho"...heavy gear...deeper, faster, farther..., etc. Or, the women who "used" to dive, but quit because of one (might I say) poor reason or another.

So far, the response has been great. I'm excited to be able to give back to "scuba" just a portion of what "scuba" has done for me.

Hopefully the website will be more than just a shopping channel. Of course, on the flip side, hopefully visitors will shop as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom