Raja Ampat on the Samambaia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got back! The trip was unreal and the boat/crew/dive masters were fantastic. Definitely were quite happy with our choice of the Samambaia and would highly recommend them.

Read more about our thoughts/experiences on our blog.

Wow! Out-friggin-standing writeup and photos. Only three weeks left until I get to step onto the boat myself... After booking this trip almost almost a year ago, the wait is finally just about over.

After going through that blog post, I'm about 10 times more excited now. Unfortunately, my trip is only 7 days (south, I'm assuming), but I hope to see even half of what you saw in the Misool area (though I'm shocked you didn't see any ghost pipefish... I thought they were supposed to be all over that area).

A couple of quick questions: Do I need to bring a ton of outlet adapters for the camera room, or are the outlets US friendly? Also, is Serge (cruise manager) no longer with them, or did he just not make that trip?

Thanks again. I'm STUPID excited.

We just got back! The trip was unreal and the boat/crew/dive masters were fantastic. Definitely were quite happy with our choice of the Samambaia and would highly recommend them.

Read more about our thoughts/experiences on our blog.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the time you took to write all of that. I just finished reading every word. It is the most comprehensive trip report I have ever read.

My trip isn't until January of 2020 and now I wish it was next week. It's going to be a long wait but no doubt well worth it.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the wonderful report. I'm with @BDSC on this trip and after reading this I agree it's too far off. Fortunately I have lots of good diving planned between now and then, but it can't get here soon enough. Just beautiful...:bounce::bounce::bounce::)

Belize, Grand Cayman, The Solomons, Socorros, and wherever else you two schedule!

Yep, we're on a roll for the next couple of years. You've got to stop and smell the roses while you can still reach them...I know you're with me on that...:)

Unfortunately, my trip is only 7 days (south, I'm assuming), but I hope to see even half of what you saw in the Misool area (though I'm shocked you didn't see any ghost pipefish... I thought they were supposed to be all over that area).

A couple of quick questions: Do I need to bring a ton of outlet adapters for the camera room, or are the outlets US friendly? Also, is Serge (cruise manager) no longer with them, or did he just not make that trip?

We didn't actually see any of the ghost pipefish on this trip. We asked about them and apparently the sites that we were visiting at least were not usually frequented by them. We saw tons of ghost pipefish on a previous trip to Bali though!

The passenger and camera rooms are all equipped with standard Euro (2 circular prong) outlets. Actually it may be that throughout the entire boat. I think there were four of them in the room if I recall correctly. I brought a bunch of outlet adapters for my use although I suspect they may also have some on board.

It's my understanding that Serge is still on board the Samambaia but was away either on vacation or at a trade show (I'm not sure which). Andy, the replacement cruise director, was fantastic and really knew a lot. We had a great time with him.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the time you took to write all of that. I just finished reading every word. It is the most comprehensive trip report I have ever read.

You can thank my wife for the write-up, she did almost all of it! I just took some of the pictures :) We were stupid excited throughout basically the entirety of the trip. Every dive site I felt like we saw or learned something new and the crew/guides just made it all very seamless. A perfect vacation!

We didn't actually see any of the ghost pipefish on this trip. We asked about them and apparently the sites that we were visiting at least were not usually frequented by them. We saw tons of ghost pipefish on a previous trip to Bali though!

The passenger and camera rooms are all equipped with standard Euro (2 circular prong) outlets. Actually it may be that throughout the entire boat. I think there were four of them in the room if I recall correctly. I brought a bunch of outlet adapters for my use although I suspect they may also have some on board.

It's my understanding that Serge is still on board the Samambaia but was away either on vacation or at a trade show (I'm not sure which). Andy, the replacement cruise director, was fantastic and really knew a lot. We had a great time with him.

You can thank my wife for the write-up, she did almost all of it! I just took some of the pictures :) We were stupid excited throughout basically the entirety of the trip. Every dive site I felt like we saw or learned something new and the crew/guides just made it all very seamless. A perfect vacation!
Couple of quick questions. What was water temp like? and I have my eye on a December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020 trip that still has plenty of room. Going rate on website is close to $5K per person. I thought I read earlier that there might be discounts if booked at DEMA, which I will be at this year in November. How much discount are we talking about? Anyone know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom