Raja Ampat LOB: Never heard of this one ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi again, Indo junkies -

Still haven't sorted out where we're diving in November, other than it will be Indonesia. I ran across this website just today:

KLM Putri Papua, Raja Empat, Liveaboard

Any experiences positive or negative with this boat? Any experiences at all? They claim to have been opreating in West Papua "for some time", but I don't know if they mean hours or years.

What say you all?

Thanks!

I believe that while Grand Komodo books passengers on this boat, along with others, they are just a booking agent, and not in control of the boat. Nonetheless, knowing that a reputable company like Grand Komodo uses the services of the boat is an important positive indicator.

Thanks for your opinion!

Hi, Putri Papua is listed as one of Grand Komodo's boats (see Grand Komodo - Tours & Dives), and while I can't comment on that particular boat, I did a Raja Ampat trip on the Temukira, one of their other boats, in 2006 and it was excellent. Not a palace but comfortable and with a great crew. If the PP is remotely as good as the Temukira you won't have any problem.

Lee

Putri Papua and Temukira are of about the same standard. a number of years ago the crew were excellent. No Idea now how long the crew have been in Raja but certainly the boat has been in and out of there for at least 4-5 years that I know of

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom