Raja ampat Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for showering a little reason on my wild expectations. I will hold off on RA until travel becomes a little more reasonable. Any insight on Thailand or Palau as an option for Feb 2022? I read the threads about the king dying in Palau, so that seemed like a no-go. I am open to any ideas. Thank you all for the help, I love scubaboard for researching dive ideas.
Feb is good time to dive both Palau and Thailand. A lot more expensive to dive Palau but the diving is phenomenal. Thailand have a lot more to offer above water and LoB to Similan is very good.
You really have to look at the CURRENT situation to decide which one suit you best at the moment. Unfortunately, thing(entry requirement) can change very quickly.
It is a long long way to travel from Indiana.
Good luck.

I’ll be in Phuket (going to Similan) in February. So I’m all ears. Will check on the 1-day quarantine update by tomorrow. Plan to add that quarantine day to the travel + additional quarantine if I tested positive. I plan to aboard the boat in Phuket by Feb. 15.

As far as Palau, I was there on Dec 11-26, 2021. Great diving destination. I’ll post my trip report soon.

Just saw this guy last Christmas in German Channel (Palau).

GX012248p2.jpg

Thank you all for showering a little reason on my wild expectations. I will hold off on RA until travel becomes a little more reasonable. Any insight on Thailand or Palau as an option for Feb 2022? I read the threads about the king dying in Palau, so that seemed like a no-go. I am open to any ideas. Thank you all for the help, I love scubaboard for researching dive ideas.
Hi - we're on the Ocean Hunter Feb 1-11, 2022 and have been talking with the boat rep for months - nothing about this - so see: Palau (Koror) Diving Potentially Closed for 100 days It opened back up after his funeral on November 24 is what this post says.

5-6 mantas, including Darth Vader (all black manta) were busy feeding in German Channel.

DSC03115p.jpg

Which boat are you taking out of Phuket?

"Ocean Hunter" is based in Palau(Fish & Fins).
"I" is a six berth small sail boat while "III" is a lot lot bigger.

I’ll be in Phuket (going to Similan) in February. So I’m all ears. Will check on the 1-day quarantine update by tomorrow. Plan to add that quarantine day to the travel + additional quarantine if I tested positive. I plan to aboard the boat in Phuket by Feb. 15.

As far as Palau, I was there on Dec 11-26, 2021. Great diving destination. I’ll post my trip report soon.

Dan, which boat will you be on out of Phuket?

Back
Top Bottom