Raja ampat Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luca Brasi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some Liveaboards are booking November trips. Are boats currently going to Raja?

Not an answer but a data point -- I have Mermaid I booked for 02JAN of next year for RA. When I emailed with them about 2-3 weeks ago, their guidance was they would make the call on the January departures by 01NOV. I can't honestly tell from their site if they are running trips now or not. They haven't updated any of their trip report pages in a long time, which makes me guess they are not running, but I don't know.

From the Arenui liveaboard newsletter that I got yesterday:

We’ve had news that Indonesia is set to reopen international tourism by year end. The President of Indonesia recently visited Bali and there are now plans to welcome guests from overseas soon. The boat and crew are ready and waiting to start welcoming guests and restart cruising in just a few months!

We've rebooked our November trip (for the second time) to 2022. If I wanted to go to Indonesia before that, I'd probably look at March or later. And I'm getting cancel-for-any-reason insurance for anything I book in the next 6 months....

From the Arenui liveaboard newsletter that I got yesterday:

We’ve had news that Indonesia is set to reopen international tourism by year end. The President of Indonesia recently visited Bali and there are now plans to welcome guests from overseas soon. The boat and crew are ready and waiting to start welcoming guests and restart cruising in just a few months!

We've rebooked our November trip (for the second time) to 2022. If I wanted to go to Indonesia before that, I'd probably look at March or later. And I'm getting cancel-for-any-reason insurance for anything I book in the next 6 months....

You might also follow the Travel to Indonesia thread here - it's 14 pages long and has lots of opinions and guesses, but I look for posts from people in Indonesia or in the industry or with links to official info.

Some Liveaboards are booking November trips. Are boats currently going to Raja?

Yes there are some boats currently running. Mostly just word of mouth in the diving community via those already in Indonesia or groups of friends organizing and booking out a boat themselves.

Yes there are some boats currently running. Mostly just word of mouth in the diving community via those already in Indonesia or groups of friends organizing and booking out a boat themselves.
Yes indeed. My cousin, who lives in Jakarta, just came back from Ring of Fire trip few weeks ago.

Also from Misool, Raja Ampat, 4 months ago.

Not an answer but a data point -- I have Mermaid I booked for 02JAN of next year for RA. When I emailed with them about 2-3 weeks ago, their guidance was they would make the call on the January departures by 01NOV. I can't honestly tell from their site if they are running trips now or not. They haven't updated any of their trip report pages in a long time, which makes me guess they are not running, but I don't know.
Well, today is 01NOV, in the morning here, but it’s in the evening in Indonesia. Have Mermaid I made a call whether your trip is a GO or NO GO?

My trip on Blue Manta will be on 10FEB. So, I’ll hear their decision by 10DEC.

Well, today is 01NOV, in the morning here, but it’s in the evening in Indonesia. Have Mermaid I made a call whether your trip is a GO or NO GO?

My trip on Blue Manta will be on 10FEB. So, I’ll hear their decision by 10DEC.
Don't know.

I made the call myself about 10 days ago and moved it to 2023. EVA cancelled my ORD-TPE leg and I didn't want to search for a new routing only to have it all fall apart anyway since my Magic-8 ball fluctuates between "Don't count on it", "My sources say no" and "outlook not so good".

Thus I'm off of Mermaids Jan2022 mailing list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom