Raja Ampat liveaboard - which boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends a bit on the type of boat, traditional Indo sailing ship or cruise ships like the Mermaid. You might consider the White and Black Manta as well as Mermaid. For more traditional ships which may be part of the experience you want...Pindito, Dewi Nusantara, Arenui, Damai, Tambora, Amira on the upper end. Pearl of Papua, Seahorse on the mid-range. I just had a couple on the Wicked Diving ship which was budget end and they had a blast. I can often discount the high end ships to get you in the budget range.

I'll second the comments from an earlier poster about Tambora. I just got home from a 12 day trip on Tambora and it was awesome. The boat owner, Uwe, is a very precise, detail-oriented German engineer who is a true diving enthusiast. He went with us on almost every dive and definitely knew whet he was doing. What I liked was that everything on the boat worked and worked correctly. The crew worked together as a team and everything always happened right on time. From my perspective, it was a near perfect trip and I will definitely be back for another trip with Uwe.

gizmo1972 was supposed to be on the new Aggressor in october. It'd be nice to get an update from gizmo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom