Raja Ampat Liveaboard Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This reply is a little late but maybe good info for someone. I have been on the Arenui 3 times and always use 5mm. I typically dive all 4 dives offered per day so at the end of the day I feel good using the 5mm. Some people are fine with 3/2 or 4/3 but not me. If diving on the Komodo itinerary the water can dip into the mid/high 70s so 5mm is a must. Raja Ampat itinerary never went below 80. I got the BARE Reactive 5mm, $600. The leg and arm zippers are amazing. The down side is the extra weight needed but was able to trim off a few lbs after 10 dives. I guess the suit compressed a bit and lost some buoyancy. The Arenui will feed you 5 times a day so no lack of calories to keep your core temperature in check.

I have never needed anything more than my 3mm whilst diving Raja Ampat. That said, I do add a beanie for most dives. For me, a 5mm would be too warm or certainly not worth the extra pounds or kilos weight required.

If you're sure that you want to be warmer, take along a neutral bouyancy chill guard of some sort. Bare has one style, then both Sharkskin and Lavacore have various styles, some with hoods.

Back
Top Bottom