Question Raja Ampat+Komodo? OR Raja Ampat+Halmahera+N. Sulawesi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be the first to admit I am a muck diving addict, and for sure Ambon is my favorite destination in Indonesia. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the heck out of Lembeh, too. But we all know there are dives in Lembeh where things are slow. That has never been the case for me in Ambon.

I love Bangka because of the corals and the topography at Sahang. I feel at peace there. Bunaken does nothing for me and a couple of days at Lembeh is more than enough but then I've been to Lembeh a couple of times already.

I will be the first to admit I am a muck diving addict, and for sure Ambon is my favorite destination in Indonesia. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the heck out of Lembeh, too. But we all know there are dives in Lembeh where things are slow. That has never been the case for me in Ambon.

Who do you recommend to dive with in Ambon and what times of years are good, bad, and ugly. Thank you!

Who do you recommend to dive with in Ambon and what times of years are good, bad, and ugly. Thank you!
Ambon diving is closed due to rain and wind in June, July, and August.

I have only been out with Dive Into Ambon which I thought was fantastic, but sadly the business did not survive the pandemic closure.

There are three operators who plan to reopen in the fall. All three have solid reputations. Two (Critter Junkies and Blue Rose) seem very backpacker while Spice Island Divers' prices seem a bit "hefty" to me. I am hoping to hit Ambon in October, so at this point I am not sure where I will stay.

There is a recent thread here.

Ambon diving is closed due to rain and wind in June, July, and August.

I have only been out with Dive Into Ambon which I thought was fantastic, but sadly the business did not survive the pandemic closure.

There are three operators who plan to reopen in the fall. All three have solid reputations. Two (Critter Junkies and Blue Rose) seem very backpacker while Spice Island Divers' prices seem a bit "hefty" to me. I am hoping to hit Ambon in October, so at this point I am not sure where I will stay.

There is a recent thread here.
Oh, is DIA closed for good now?

I would definitely include Komodo. World class diving especially on the north end if you are comfortable with currents

We're starting to get tempted by Raja Ampat .. and hoping for one or two landbased dive resorts. We had reached out to an operator that was thinking of adding some things like Borneo and Java for land stuff ... but all this thread has done has made me want to dive more. We love muck diving too .. any more suggestions on land resorts ? The lembeh looks amazing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom