RAINING in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Bren woke me about an hour ago, said the speakers in the living room were making noise, then I heard an "Oh my God!" It had rained all day yesterday, but after we turned in late last night, early this morning, it flooded. The swimming pool moved into the living room! When I got around to taking pictures the water had dropped about 18inches and found a neighbor from up the street removing debris from the drainage ditch by the back of the complex. His house had about three ft. in it he said. I'm sure the rent a car place will be happy about the new car they rented me... you can see the water level and add about 18 inches to high water!

Well, at least I'll get some new living room furniture and another sub woofer! Shoulda' made a swamp dive in the swimming pool, as it's a nice Caddo lake brown! Ryan is gonna' be mad when he gets up and sees it! I hope his buddy by the pool can swim good too.

Miss all you guys and gals!

tony

Now that's what I would expect, a flood on a desert island ! It rained like crazy when I was in Bonaire last Dec. I have several pictures of a very rare event, a huge mud puddle on Bonaire. Hope that you didn't have too much damage.

You have my sympathies. Floods are no fun, even in paradise.

We had the same rains here on Bonaire yesterday and my house had over 4 inches of water in it (yuk)! Took about 7 hours to clean up some damage to furniture. A lot of flooding, but today only a little rain, mostly cloudy, suppose to return to beautiful normal weather tomorrow.

Liz

it didn't get a couple inches higher, then the whole house would have water. The living room is sunken about 16 inches. The flood was quick to drain, save the last 2 or so inches that were trapped by the threshold on the french doors. I heard Aruba got a drenching also. We spent most of the day cleaning the mud and water out, still waiting for the guys to come and haul off the couch and love seat, but all is well, even the sun poked out a bit today, but gone again. This is forecasted to hang around until Saturday, hope it clears out by then to get in some diving :06:

Dang, Lil' Bud.....Is all that from the storm that's brewing down there? We got that kind of rain on Roatan from Beta a couple weeks ago. never know what's normal rainy season or a storm!

Hope ya get dried out soon. We miss you guys :07:

We got everthing in order by about 3 pm, still waiting for the guys to come carry off the old funiture. It's still raining today, not at the 8 inches/ 6 hour clip, but enough to keep us indoors. But tis' the season, or so they tell me it just rains a little and sun pops back out..... we're WAITING!

and we took Ryan to the Beach, (now he believes he's on an Island!), Ryan snorkeled with me and pointed out a lot of fish for me...... we had a ball. :D

Here's the Island Boy pointing one out.....

tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom