RAID Nitrox Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's just no excuse to not be familiar with at least the WRSTC members (knowing they exist), nor the DIR agencies. My opinion.

I could not agree more.

In that case I misunderstood. If you have your certification and it is done and complete and you just need to find somewhere that will accept your cert then the answer as others stated is ... anywhere. Raid is a legit agency and your cert is good in any op. I work for Divetech in Grand Cayman and we are happy to host divers with your certification.

I'm sorry to hear about your regular operation that isnt running anymore due to the coronavirus but if you are looking for someone to dive with when our restrictions lift then I'd love to take you out over here and will help you through the initial steps of using nitrox in the real world

Thanks, Scoobydrew. Hopefully 2021 will be a better year for everyone and we will be allowed to enter GC. Divetech is on my list of dive ops.

Also thanks to all who responded. I now have no worries about RAID and will be completing my nitrox cert with them in the next few days.

My PADI nitrox card just came in the mail, and one interesting thing I noticed is that it says I'm ISO 11107 certified.

I imagine all the other nitrox cards will also, so they meet the same international standards.

Same thing for OWD: ISO 24801-2

Not surprisngly, my AOWD doesn't have any ISO cert on it.

I will say that I read the raid nitrox manual when they opened all the courses up for free. I remember it being more in depth than the PADI course, especially with regards to managing OTU and CNS %

My PADI nitrox card just came in the mail, and one interesting thing I noticed is that it says I'm ISO 11107 certified.

I imagine all the other nitrox cards will also, so they meet the same international standards.

Same thing for OWD: ISO 24801-2

Not surprisngly, my AOWD doesn't have any ISO cert on it.

I will say that I read the raid nitrox manual when they opened all the courses up for free. I remember it being more in depth than the PADI course, especially with regards to managing OTU and CNS %

The material seems very thorough and it goes into depth not only with OTU and CNS but also using charts for multiple dives. Glad I have a nitrox capable DC!

I took the final exam today, no problem. My instructor is affiliated with a Florida dive shop (I am in Detroit) so we will have a Zoom session to go over tank analysis and final instructor sign-off. On my end, I will use an app on my phone, virtual nitrox analyzer, that will allow me to test the tank virtually. Should have my cert shortly thereafter and maybe be able to use it in the next year. I will check to see if it includes the ISO 11107 certification on it.

The material seems very thorough and it goes into depth not only with OTU and CNS but also using charts for multiple dives. Glad I have a nitrox capable DC!

I took the final exam today, no problem. My instructor is affiliated with a Florida dive shop (I am in Detroit) so we will have a Zoom session to go over tank analysis and final instructor sign-off. On my end, I will use an app on my phone, virtual nitrox analyzer, that will allow me to test the tank virtually. Should have my cert shortly thereafter and maybe be able to use it in the next year. I will check to see if it includes the ISO 11107 certification on it.

As a final follow-up, as Doug mentioned in his comments, the certification card does include the ISO 11107 designation. The class was very detailed yet understandable for self-study with good explanations and examples. After my instructor one-on-one zoom session (thank you, Doug) I feel very well prepared for my first nitrox dives. My dive buddy daughter plans to also get her cert from RAID in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom