R Mares Volos Worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Found some Mares Volo fins on E-bay for $115.00 A far cry from the shelf price in stores. Anybody have any opinion on these fins , performance, durability and so on?

I like them though they are starting to look more than a little worn after about 50-60 dives.....

Even worked alright with twin 15l (98's) at the weekend

Jonathan

FYI: Leisure Pro has the Volos for that price, so I wouldn't bid on them. It may be LP selling them, anyway. That's how I first found them.

As for if they're any good, I haven't tried them, yet, but will be following this thread to learn from others' experiences with them.

I've read that some divers experience wear or ripping at the hinges.

I tried them and felt like my feet were stuck inthe mud. They were very sluggish when changing directions or backing up. I will keep my turtles and frogs.
Mike

I'm a pretty new diver, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I've been happy with my pair, other than them looking "beat up" after only a few dives (as Jonathan mentioned). I haven't noticed any actual damage on mine (i.e. ripping, tears, etc.) - just cosmetic scratches.

I haven't noticed any big difference between them as compared to the ScubaPro Twin Jet Adjustables that I started out with (other than they don't crowd my toes as much as the ScubaPros did), other than them being less flexible and a bit heavier.

Not sure that I've ever even attempted reverse before (told ya' I was new), so can't comment there.

Back
Top Bottom