R-156

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Van Aelst

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have since 40 years a second stage Scubapro R-156 and appreciate it since all these years : even at unresonnable depths, it performed perfectly.

Now my Scubapro dealer is telling he is not able to service my R-156 as this model is no more supported by Scubapro.

Looking on the net, I cannot find an exploded drawing nor which Scubapro service kit to use.

Any one able to tell me which service kit to use for this R-156 ?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Erick

I have since 40 years a second stage Scubapro R-156 and appreciate it since all these years : even at unresonnable depths, it performed perfectly.

Now my Scubapro dealer is telling he is not able to service my R-156 as this model is no more supported by Scubapro.

Looking on the net, I cannot find an exploded drawing nor which Scubapro service kit to use.

Any one able to tell me which service kit to use for this R-156 ?

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Erick

The 156 also known as a Balanced Adjustable is indeed a fine second stage. The kit for a G250 can be used to service your BA. See this video on the procedure-of course you know the air barrel is not removable, and the cover comes off differently. The manuals can also be downloaded from www.vintagedoublehose.com and the service kits are available in their web store.

You go couv

Well done Erick

I have since 40 years maybe also, go everywhere, down, up, and sideways too

The best of the best shhhh but no tell

full.jpg

actually I think we all that know, have enough regs now

It is best to spread the word and tell

You go couv

Well done Erick

I have since 40 years maybe also, go everywhere, down, up, and sideways too

The best of the best shhhh but no tell

View attachment 524630

actually I think we all that know, have enough regs now

It is best to spread the word and tell

Thank you happy diver.
Let's have hundreds more happy dives with these regs :).
Erick

The 156 also known as a Balanced Adjustable is indeed a fine second stage. The kit for a G250 can be used to service your BA. See this video on the procedure-of course you know the air barrel is not removable, and the cover comes off differently. The manuals can also be downloaded from www.vintagedoublehose.com and the service kits are available in their web store.

Thank you for your kind reply Couv,

About G250 second stage, it is not a full internal metallic second stage when the G250V (with V for Vintage) is metallic inside. And when you look at the Scuba service kit, G250 and G250V are different. This is why I am wondering which G250 service kit would fit with my Scubapro R-156 I appreciate so much : G250 or G250 V ?

Have a nice day (and dives) :)

Erick

Both the the G250 (all variants) and G250v have a metal air barrel.

As @couv recommended, the service kit for either is the correct one. The only unused parts will be the air barrel o-rings (either), and the case pin (g250v)... that is what makes them different.

Dear Rhwestfall,

Thank you for this clear reply (either G250 or G250V Scuba service kit is OK) : my R-156 will enjoy a lot more dives...

Have a nice day,

Erick

Both the the G250 (all variants) and G250v have a metal air barrel.

As @couv recommended, the service kit for either is the correct one. The only unused parts will be the air barrel o-rings (either), and the case pin (g250v)... that is what makes them different.

Some of the G-250HPs have plastic air barrels.

I did not mean the HP.... It is a whole different "monster"...

G250, G250 Graphite, G250 Crystal, G250 "Hot Covers", G250 "Gold", G250V....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom