Quirks with the DC 600?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my DC600. Have gotten about 500 pictures over 13 dives.

The only thing I have an issue with, and it's only when I wear gloves, is the ease with which it takes to accidentally switch to video mode.

Again, this is more on me and not the camera. The gloves get a tad bulky of course and the buttons on the housing are clustered fairly close together.

Beyond that I absolutely love what the camera does. It's my first dive camera and ideal for what we need it to do.

I did love my DC600 until it started giving me a random "card error" this morning. It wouldn't let me view the pictures on my card or take any pictures with it in.

The card is the same one I've used pretty much exclusively for my DC600 and works fine today with my laptop. After experiencing this problem, I grabbed my photos off the card (they were just fine) and onto my laptop and then formatted the card hoping it would help. Still a black screen and "card error". I can't find any firmware updates for the camera either. I doubt it's the card since it works fine otherwise and is pretty much in immaculate condition.

Any new advice before I call sealife support? :)

I did love my DC600 until it started giving me a random "card error" this morning. It wouldn't let me view the pictures on my card or take any pictures with it in.

The card is the same one I've used pretty much exclusively for my DC600 and works fine today with my laptop. After experiencing this problem, I grabbed my photos off the card (they were just fine) and onto my laptop and then formatted the card hoping it would help. Still a black screen and "card error". I can't find any firmware updates for the camera either. I doubt it's the card since it works fine otherwise and is pretty much in immaculate condition.

Any new advice before I call SeaLife support? :)
This is your erroneous assumption. Try a 2 GB card for $14 before anything else. Cards go bad faster than any other media I have ever seen.

This is your erroneous assumption. Try a 2 GB card for $14 before anything else. Cards go bad faster than any other media I have ever seen.

The card works, just not in my Sealife camera. Does that still mean the card is bad?

The card works, just not in my Sealife camera. Does that still mean the card is bad?

Just to clarify further, the card works with my laptop (read/write) and with my TV (read). I just tested both. It used to work fine with my camera as well... are cameras more sensitive to aging SD cards?

are cameras more sensitive to aging SD cards?
Some are... I have cards from other cameras that read/write just fine to/from my computer... But, do not work with their cameras.

It's the least expensive factor in the chain, yet the last that anyone believes is at fault? :confused:

Huh... it decided to start working again this morning. If it flakes out again I'll try a new card. Thanks for the advice.

I got a RA # from SeaLife Denise and sent my camera in (thank you, SeaLife Denise). They supposedly "fixed" it and sent it back to me. This was all done free of charge. I also sent all my SD cards in with it and all but one checked out fine & we told them to toss the one that was bad. However, on my first dive trip with it since being "repaired", I got the "card error" message again and finally gave up even diving with my camera. This is extremely frustrating as I even bought a brand new SD card prior to the trip and the other cards were deemed as good by SeaLife. I'm at my wits end and about ready to chunk this camera. I don't want to lug the camera on another dive trip to only leave it on the boat & no photos on land or underwater. Any further suggestions or SeaLife Denise, should I get another RA# to see what's up?

AnneCox, SeaLife Denise no longer works with us at SeaLife.

I would definitely get another RA and send the camera back again. let the techs know that we had discussed this on the forum and that I suggested that you send it back in for evaluation. I will take a look myself to see what is up.

SeaLife Joe

AnneCox, SeaLife Denise no longer works with us at SeaLife.

I would definitely get another RA and send the camera back again. let the techs know that we had discussed this on the forum and that I suggested that you send it back in for evaluation. I will take a look myself to see what is up.

SeaLife Joe
Thank you for responding, SeaLife Joe. Can I get another RA number from you? I got my last one from SeaLife Denise.

Thank you for your assistance.

AnneCox

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom