quiet, single hose rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot speak about the Aqualung Mistral as I have not dove it, but some that have tell me it is a dog. The corrugated hoses are to fat and "float away" . You can buy weights to offset this, etc. You are better off buying an overhauled vintage double hose with new silicon diaphram, duckbills, etc. Much more better reg.

Cliff:
Has anyone experimented with routing exhaust bubbles to a diffuser which would be mounted behind you? I think such an arrangement would acomplish several things; greatly reduce the noise of large bubbles going past your ears, break noisy large bubbles into quieter small ones allowing closer approach to fish, keep the bubbles away from your face, camera, etc. My old double hose rig has no way to connect a BC, also, I like the breathing characteristics of the single hose rig with the second stage at your mouth.

Cliff Gollus

Perhaps loose pot scrubber materials might work, but then again I do not mess around with double hose much. Another way to connect a BC would be to use a "Y" shaped / slingshot valve. Simply attach an octo on there as well as a LP inflate and you are ready to go. I think Sherwood still makes them.

Years go I had a Nemrod valve which had a HP port built into the thing. Nemrod stuff was definitely cool and logo even more so! :D

patymeboy:
I have a gas powered aquascooter that runs submerged by way of a snorkle.
I was thinking about taking it deeper than 2 1/2 feet by presurizing the carborator section. anybody out there have any suggestions?
Internal combustion engines underwater are a poor idea...

http://www.silent-submersion.com/

Back
Top Bottom