Quick question about drysuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mndiv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone, I just have one quick question. I recently purchased a USIA aqua sport drysuit and the manual suggests to store it by rolling it up with the zipper on the outside and then placing it in a sealed plastic bag and then in the bag that came with the suit. Not thinking I'd need it, I threw away the original plastic bag which the suit came in.

My question is, would a regular garbage bag work? Or could that damage the seals or any other part of the suit?

thanks for the advice!

i have the same problem, cause I do not know how to store my Mares Icefit.

I hope someten coluda help us...

The OEM bag is not necessary, however, I likely would avoid a trash bag. Many times they have perfumes. If you want to really pamper it (and I am anal about my DS care), go get a jumbo ZipLoc for it....

FWIW - I stored one with latex seals for 8 years. Been diving it with no problems at all for over two years after storage....

Just make sure it is clean, dry, and follow the manufacturer's guidelines for folding/rolling.

Back
Top Bottom