Quick job, Wyckoff, NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daves2

Registered
Reaction score
Need a diver for a quick job, quick cash - need an easy fix at the bottom of my pool.

I'm a few miles away. What does the job entail?

guys, thanks. I sent PMs, pls. give me a call / email. anyone else as well!

what has to be done is go to the bottom of the deep end and unscrew the grating covers for the main drain. there are 2 small gratings (8" diameter) and each one has 2 screws. then, a plug has to go into each one. it's a rubber stopper with a wingnut that tightens it. then, the covers go back on.

total of 10-15 mins (max) under water. I had the covers off 2 weeks ago when the pool was empty, so I know they come off easily (yes, if I had known this was going to happen I would have done it then!!).

there's no suction down there, but we'll shut off the pool pump at that time just to be sure.

pool is crystal clear (and heated - 83 degrees!).

I have the screwdriver and plugs.

pls. PM if you can help... thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it should be pretty easy.

I'm trying to get it done asap b/c every additional day it's not done, I have to put in about 3/4" of water into the pool. so, the sooner I do it the better :)

George W, thank you, mission accomplished!!! really appreciate it!! nice to meet you and learn something about scuba! maybe I can get my kids interested :) take care and I'll look for you in your movie! :)

I am a commercial diver I would be happy to fix it for you. Please respond with the details of your problem and I will give you an estimate on the repair.

Thank you,
Brandon Cadalzo
Owner: Bottom Time Underwater Maintenance

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom