Quick deploy mounting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is it possible to mount the quick deploy system under the bladder of a stiletto?

Like the system but not really wanting to upgrade to a LTD just for the zipper mounts

Sure. You can attach it to the top bladder strap via a "quick link" connector, which you can find on our website. You absolutely do NOT have to have the zipper mounts to use the system - just make you you get the pouch without the zipper attachments!

Thanks,

Scott

Or you can use a pair of zip ties like I did. There are conveniently place grommets on the QD bag which closely line up with the metal links under the bladder on the BC.

Mike

I have laced mine on through the grommets with 3/8 inch bungee cord. I was always getting poked by the cut off ends of the zap straps. (Canadian for zip ties).

I have laced mine on through the grommets with 3/8 inch bungee cord. I was always getting poked by the cut off ends of the zap straps. (Canadian for zip ties).

How in the world were you getting poked by the zip ties? Did you zip the top grommet on the pouch to the stainless steel slide on the bladder, or do something different?

I only ask because I have never heard of anyone getting poked by the zip ties after mounting one of these...

Scott

Back
Top Bottom