Quick change Dry glove for a DUI TLS350.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramsy - I tried sending a message but the Board keeps crashing on me.

Your dive buddy might like the donning process shown in this video at DOG TV - how to don your DUI drysuit with Zipgloves attached . The diver dons the neckseal first. This allows them to check the seal with their bare hands. After this they don the arms/ZipGloves. It works well and is always worth a chuckle seeing someone walk about with four arms.

Have a great week!

Kathy

Hi Kathy

This process is fine with front entry

My TLS350 MTM was sent to you from SDS in the UK last week, but the front entry zip was way to expensive for me to go for that option
I'm getting the zip seals and dry gloves too, only I have really long hair and I don't think I'll will be able to clear the neck seal sufficiently
:shakehead:

Ramsy - I tried sending a message but the Board keeps crashing on me.

Your dive buddy might like the donning process shown in this video at DOG TV - how to don your DUI drysuit with Zipgloves attached . The diver dons the neckseal first. This allows them to check the seal with their bare hands. After this they don the arms/ZipGloves. It works well and is always worth a chuckle seeing someone walk about with four arms.

Have a great week!

Kathy

Here's how I've been running them for the last 5 years. Took an old set of latex seals and glued the rings on to them. Then I just zip them in when I need them and zip them out when I don't. The glove is cut down on the wrist lenght so that it's the lenght I need. I also use a heavier glove that just doesn't get cut.

DUI Zip Seals with Si Tech Quick Dry Glove Docking & Best #5.jpg

Here's how I've been running them for the last 5 years. Took an old set of latex seals and glued the rings on to them. Then I just zip them in when I need them and zip them out when I don't. The glove is cut down on the wrist lenght so that it's the lenght I need. I also use a heavier glove that just doesn't get cut.

View attachment 110518

And this is what I want to do for him. It is such a struggle for him, and I have to devote much of my prep to helping him. I don't mind that, but why not develop a solution if one is available. So now I just need to find someone with some zip seals that they can't use anymore with enough for me to glue to.

ETA: I guess we could just cut his glove cuffs and attach to what he has now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom