quick b/p questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to me that the manufacturers seem to have looked at the limited existing pool of conventional fasteners when making weight pouches. Offhand I can think of a few more secure options for locking one shut... for example, a bolt snap hooked onto a d-ring. Something like that. I'm not particularly mechanically-inclined but I'm sure there's other alternatives.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Possible point you are missing about the SS weight belt buckle is the other functions that it plays....

1) means of tightening the whole rig...

2) however you might elect to slide a pocket onto the right side of the waste belt and the buckle could be used to locate it in the correct position.

Perhaps the plastic QR will be just fine for your recreation use and I certainly wouldn't criticize you for using it....

1) well with a QR it can be fastened. take the loose end of the webbing and pull. its tight and angled enough that it won't loosen during a dive.

2) I do have a pocket but there're these... retainer thingies... like erm a very flat, squished figure-8... can't describe them, but they're on the webbing to keep things in position.

Thanks for the comments though. Enough talk, I'm going diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom