Quick and Easy Wetsuit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwierz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Say I get a 7mm John/Jacket combo. Is each piece 7mm giving me 14mm over my core or do they say 7mm assuming that when you put one over top of the other it gives you 7mm total? Thanks.

That would be 14mm total on your core.

the K

Hey,

It gives you 14 mm over your core. and 7 mm on the other parts of your body.

Mat

Pwierz,

It is 14mm over the core as others have said.... Just a quick FYI if you have never worn one before, it takes some getting used to for bouancy control. I had to add 26lbs for me and it was challenging to get down the 1st 15 feet. Whereas a normal 7mm full suit wouldn't be as challenging, but they keep you just as warm in my opinion. Something to consider :)

hi pwierz

In additon to The John And jacket you can consider getting a fullsuit and a hooded step-in. Bare has these items and IMO they are a better solition, but that's just my opinion. Your profile is lacking any useful info about where you are diving.

The 14mm core coverage is pretty standard stuff for cold water diving. If that does not do it then it's time to be looking at drysuits. You are better off with a few more pounds of weight than you are being cold.

FWIW I'm 5-9, 205LB. in salt water diving an E7-80 in a 7mm Bare Arctic and the 7mm hooded step-in I wear 26 pounds of weight. Very comfortable.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom