questions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
First I have to say "ARRRRGH!!!" I tried to post this, but got booted AGAIN to "page not found". This has been happening all night!!!!! Frustration!

Anyway.. If I can remember my questions that I already wrote out once.... sigh....

on my profile or something is says "referrals" and has a 1. What is that? What is the purpose of the buddy list? (I get the ignore part). HOw can I find a person's profile? especially if they have not posted yet? ummmm..... can I subscribe to a thread that I have not posted to?

Thanks... sorry for the lame brain questions....

Also.. is there an easy way to access the smilies? Or do I just need to memorize them all (ya I see that happening!!! )

Thanks

When you send a message to an outside user (i.e. "tell a friend about this post") your userid is tracked and if that person signs up, you are given a referral credit. Basically referrals show how many people you have brought to the board or brought to the board through a few links. It isn't a huge deal for us but we will be adding a full on referral code for those people who want to promote SB a little harder. :)

As for the smilies, there is a link [ more ] by each post/ reply box that will show the entire smilies list. As for a short cut through that list, I'm all for suggestions :wink:

Tech Admin:
As for the smilies, there is a link [ more ] by each post/ reply box that will show the entire smilies list. As for a short cut through that list, I'm all for suggestions :wink:

It might be worth it to pick 6 or 9 or 12 of the smilies that seem to be popular but aren't simple to remember [e.g. don't use :) or :wink: but use :tease: ]. Set them up to be displayed in the smiley list on the right of the reply.

That way people are drawn to notice the smilies over there and don't go hunting [unsuccessfuly] to the icons to try and figure out smilies.

Good idea, once the server issue is fixed Ill do just that Jeff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom