Questions re: Bahamas diving in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reeveseye

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I will be in the Bahamas in May. We have read that water temps are usually 75-78 degrees at that time of year. Is this accurate? Also, we are trying to decide between going with Stuart Cove's and Bahama Divers. Any opinions?

I've used Bahama divers twice over the years and will be using them for a third time in May as well! Both myself and my wife were certified through them and find them to be a first rate operation.
I did use Stuarts cove for the Shark dive as well. During the Shark dive they were good as well, but for normal diving I'm going to stick with Bahama Divers.
The other thing you may want to consider is where you are staying. BD is right next to Paradise Island. Stuarts is the complete other side of the Island.

If you like wrecks go with Stuart's, I believe there are 18 wrecks that they can go to. We dove with them two years ago and if airfare ever gets reasonable again we'll go back. Loved the operation! We ended up on a boat with a small group of experienced divers and Stuart's took us to a deep site that they normally only go to with private charters--that was awesome since some of the employees had never even been on that site. There are also a couple of props from underwater scenes in James Bond movies on the list of dive sites they go to.
Never dove with the other operation but Stuart's comes to the hotel to pick you up and the drive to the shop is interesting, it's neat to see the island.
Ber :lilbunny:

Most of the better dive sites are supposed to be on the southwest side of the island, which is where Stuart Coves facility is located. That's pretty much the reason why they have the market on diving there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom