Questions on Riviera Maya in Dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a 7mm with a hooded 5/3 vest! I get cold easily. I even have a 3mm bolero I've added toward the end of the week. I also wear fingerless gloves to reduce the water flow up my sleeves.

Many of the dives I do are approaching 2 hours, sometimes longer....so yes, it's a long time to be cold.

And what's a few degrees on a computer? When we dive the Ohio quarries in the winter we always go with the lowest temp achieved on the any one in the group's computer. Looks more "tough" for the log book!

i dove the cenotes thru Tank Ha a couple decembers ago. good dive op, there was a german DM that was very precise (imagine that). the cenotes are amazing btw, like being on another planet, but given your number of dives and your nervous feeling i would agree with the other posts that caution you against it right now.

they are not considered caves because technically every 50 - 100 feet there is an opening, but in reality when you get down there, everything is dark and i couldnt tell where these opening were at all. an OOA situation would have been trouble, especially b/c we were not outfitted in proper cave diving gear with doubles, alternate sources of air, etc. someone died in a cenote the week before i dove. i dont know the details.

once you're more comfortable, tho, i think they're one of the most amazing dives out there...

re the weather, it was sunny then it rained, then sunny, then rain, etc...great italian food in playa del carmen too...

hope this helps you make a decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom