Questions on Oceanoc Veo 1.0 PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panama Jones

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If this shows up twice in the forum, it's because I thought the previous post with the same questions didn't go through so I am retyping.

I have a new Oceanic Veo 1.0 computer. My city is at an elevation of 2300 feet.

Questions 1. I dove with it in Mexico last week and it recorded the dives at EL2 (3000-5000 feet). I came home and with the computer 1 week out of water, dry, in surface main and pressing the button twice it said EL3 (5001 to 7000 feet). I removed battery and let it sit overnight. Replaced battery and it now reads no dives (of course) but EL4 in surface main. Does this dry reading mean anything as the computer has not been dove in over a week? Will it correct in the next dives? LDS says that the EL2 reading for sea level dives is not a problem because we may have been in a higher pressure weather system. Really (3000 feet)?

Question 2. In the manual under Altitude Sensing and Adjustment, there is a bullet point that says "at Sea Level, calculations are based on a altitude of 6000 feet" what deos this mean?

Sounds to me like your pressure sensor's gone bad. A weather system will not account for 3000ft of altitude worth of pressure change. Also seems odd that it would go from EL2 to EL4 at home, it shouldn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom