Questions on Coco View resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arubabob1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My Daughter and I will be coming in a few weeks for our first visit. Seems like I always have too much stuff to pack. I was wondering if they have hangers for our BC's? We are renting the 2 bedroom house. Is there washer and dryer on the property? Hair dryer? Dive towels? Also anyone know the water temp right now. Are the sand fleas really bad now? Thanks

The water temp is very consistently 82º year round.

I wear three separate gadgets that tell me the water temp. Two wrist mount computers and one antique Casio dive watch. They all match within 1º.

At this Summer time of year, in CCV’s “Front Yard”, it will hit 92º in the top 1’ of water.

This question likely relates to “how much thermal protection will be needed?” It is a far better question than “how thick a wetsuit will I need?”. This is a very individualized thing. BUT, you must factor in, especially at CCV, how many dives you intend to pack in to your day.

The unusual nature of CCV comes into play. You can easily do 5 dives in one day, logging BT’s in excess of 6 hours. This will affect your core body temp and even more critically, its resiliency in recovery. If you’re only doing three a day, a bathing suit might suffice.

Everybody hangs their BC on pegs in the assigned gear storage slots. A BC Hanger is usually utilized for the drying out of the device AFTER a period of use, then for long term storage. Not for day-to-day constant use.

No hair dryers. You can ask your maid to run loads of laundry. Tip accordingly. The actual beach houses have laundry machine on premises. They have beach towels for guest use.

The Sand Fleas could be bad today, not so much tomorrow. Plain simple fact. At least CCV is blessed being of the side of the island with a constant breeze. IF you go to West End on a day outing, take extra care with application of repellent…it is dead calm there and sand flies like still air.

Spray DEET whenever you walk out your door. Spray in the dive locker when you return from diving. (Use the showers to rinse the chemicals off before you go diving). Simple.

You’ve posted a number of time with questions about CCV. I have suggested to ownership that they should erect a sign at the dock where you arrive… “Everything is now just perfect”.

Relax, it will be fine.

I mean really, have a look… Web Cams | CoCo View Resort

Back
Top Bottom