Questions For victoria Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undersea Kat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I'm new to this sport. I'm currently doing my open water cert. with Great Ocean Adventures here in victoria. Can any one recomend some good dive sites on the Island for April or any other time of the year. I'm open to any sugestions. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the board to another Canuck! We have a number of members out your way, I'm sure they'll be here soon to give you a hand.

Easy...go to any local dive shop or bookstore and pick-up Greg Dombowsky's "Diver's Guide to Vancouver Island South" ISBN# 1-895811-88-0 $14.95 cdn.

Tons of great dives with very nice descriptions and maps...enjoy!

Hi..

Welcome to Scubaboard!!

It's great to have another diver from Victoria joining us!! Hope you are enjoying your OW class through Great Ocean Adventures... I did my OW through them too... a couple of years ago!

Purchasing Greg Dombowsky's book... "Diving Guide Vancouver Island South" is a great idea!! Got a copy while completing the OW course.. and still use it for reference.. it really is a great book.

Another way to explore local dive sites is through the Sunday morning dives that the dive shop offers! These are lead by the shop's Divemasters... on a weekly basis.. to local sites.

My recommendation for some interesting... not toooo challenging dives for after OW cert... Ogden Point and the Saanich Inlet! I suggest Ogden because it is easy to navigate... just make sure you go on a fairly calm day.. or you'll get thrown against the breakwater trying to get out of the water :(

I really like the Saanich Inlet because it is fairly sheltered... so not alot of waves or current! It is a nice dive in winter and spring.. but toooooo many jellyfish in the summer :p

if you have any questions.. feel free to PM me... or email me at cfnavychick@hotmail.com :)

NavyDoll :)
undersea Kat:
Hi I'm new to this sport. I'm currently doing my open water cert. with Great Ocean Adventures here in victoria. Can any one recomend some good dive sites on the Island for April or any other time of the year. I'm open to any sugestions. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom