Questions before OW dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Texas Mike. Even though you are purchasing a weight integrated BC, you should still perform the task of removing and dawning a weightbelt. When I recieved my ow, I still had to perform the weight belt ditching. My instructor would not allow me to use the weight integrated system. Didn't want me to lose the skill, be lazy, and take for granted the technical skills we must all acquire for diving.

:viking:

Hey doodle,
Follow Walter's advise and practice. Sooner or later someone will kick your mask off and you understand the importance of breathing without it. You're moving in the right direction, keep it up. Good luck in the open water. :tree:Bob

Hi,

I've been diving for seveal years on weight integrated BCs and was realy glad my instructor insisted we learn & practice 'belt skills' when I lost a wight pouch on a vacation to the Caymans.

I got the pouch back a few days later (got droped in a diveshops van coming back from a boat trip) but I had to dive with the belt for 2 days till it turned up.

It served to remind me just WHY I like weight integration so much...

I highly recommend you use the belt for your open water cert. If you have never removed your bc at depth with no weight belt on you will (especially with a 7mm on) go to the surface. bc removal and redonning with a weight integrated bc is a skill that should be practiced alot in a pool before you need it. I understand that you only have to perform this skill on the surface for your class but I wouldn't mess with what you have been taught right before you are going to be tested on it.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom